Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Hello world.



So I used to have a modeling blog, that I called "Tom's Air Force," but since I realized that I'd also share hints and tips and build other stuff I'd best rename it. I also wasn't too happy with the Wordpress format so I figured I'd move it here to consolidate it with the one I have with Dori.

I'll be moving stuff over in the next few days, but here's what I have at the moment: The new 1/72 Airfix Gnat. Cute little kit, not a whole lot of sprues - perfect for a relaxing build (or so I thought).




It was supposed to be a quick build but the fit isn't as nice as the last few new releases from Airfix lately. Painting was also a little more challenging since I had to prime it, and the initial paint job didn't turn out properly. So much for quick. Anyway at this point I let the silver paint (Citadel Mithril Silver thinned with water over Tamiya white primer) cure over two weeks and I had a marathon session painting the Fluorescent Red (Testors, more like orange really - hint - doesn't need much thinner, pigmentation on this is weird as it separates really easily - maybe use alcohol?) and the black anti-glare (my old standard - Testor's Aircraft Interior Black). Future coat should go on tonight and allow to cure for decals, so I'll be starting on my RAF Revell Eurofighter in between.


I thought I had taken some in-progress shots, but I can't seem to find them. I'll post them up if I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment